Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Printmaking

I having been wanting to do this all holidays, and I finally got around to giving it a whirl!.
Firstly these were a series of drawings I did whilst away on our trip to the beach....

I used dense printing foam from Speedy School Supplies.  This foam is harder than polystyrene foam and is easily scored using a pen.

The materials I needed, I didn't photograph the plate that I put the ink onto for rolling before adding it onto the printing plate.

I have only completed 6 prints in this series and this was the last one.  Note how the image is the negative of the scoring.

Framed and ready to display!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts