Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mum's sunrise

Here is another modelling compound piece that I created for my mum last year for her birthday.  I smeared the modelling compound over the canvas then etched into it with the back of my paintbrush to form the elelments I wanted.  I then painted the canvas with acrylics and waited for it to dry before dry brushing gold over top- see how it highlights the texture made by the compound?   I then adhered glass tiles and painted river rocks with impasto gel.  I glossed the whole piece with impasto gel.  Mum has it hanging on her wall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts