'We know what we are, but know not what we may be' -William Shakespear Explore what I can be through my creations......
Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Mum's sunrise
Here is another modelling compound piece that I created for my mum last year for her birthday. I smeared the modelling compound over the canvas then etched into it with the back of my paintbrush to form the elelments I wanted. I then painted the canvas with acrylics and waited for it to dry before dry brushing gold over top- see how it highlights the texture made by the compound? I then adhered glass tiles and painted river rocks with impasto gel. I glossed the whole piece with impasto gel. Mum has it hanging on her wall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have started to put my skills to making rings now in a variety of colours. I made this one for my dear friend Mrs Tiff who loves all this...
-
I have been dabbling Resin to make some jewellery of late- not really dabbling more like possessed! Anyhow, I started worrying in the mi...
-
Red , black and silver pendant and ring I love holidays!! Not only do I get to spend time with my beautiful family, but I get to spend ...
-
I have done a little bit of research into the power of text in art. So I thought- why not add some text tyo some of my pendant designs. T...
-
Well, better late than never! Here are some pics of Lanterns at Twilight a few weeks ago. The night started with Fire Twirler I hired and ...
-
My part of the collaborative piece At a workshop that I went to recently, we made a collaborative piece of Chagall's. The presenter ...
-
I recently made an order for a friend and I am so pleased with it that I had to share it. She wanted the letter 'R' and a tree- (my...
-
I saw this idea on a site that used lace and Mod Podge to decorate the outside of a ceramic pot. So I got thinking- what about glass! I k...
-
A few years ago I made this bust at a sculpting workshop with some Year 11 students at the school where I teach. While the students endea...
-
I having been wanting to do this all holidays, and I finally got around to giving it a whirl!. Firstly these were a series of drawings I di...

No comments:
Post a Comment