Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Very Easy Canvas

Very Easy Canvas
I made this canvas a few years ago and everyone who sees it comments on how much they like it.  I put a base coat on the canvas (something nuetral) .  Allow it to dry then used a combination of deep maroon and burnt umber acrylics to do long sweeping brush strokes with a broad brush.  I then concentrated on the left side to make it much darker and then used the bottle of paint (maroon) and stood well above the canvas and let it dribble up and down the canvas.
I have done this for a class canvas before and added leather with brass beads- it added yet another demension to the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts