Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Child's work

This gorgeous piece of work was created by my 7 year old daughter.  I conduct an Art Club as a cocurricular at the school where I work and this was the piece that they made.  It is a series of 6 small canvas' that have a different painting technique used on each. 
1.Modelling compound with a variety of things installed in it(top right)
2. Pointalism- acrylic with cigarette filter dots (top left)
3.Scrofido(scoring) of painted acrylic surface (middle right)
4. Scrofido in modelling compund (middle left)
5. Modelling compound applied with a palette knife (bottom right)
6. Acrylic's spread using corrugated cardboard (bottom left)
The base is a piece of MDF- painted black and glossed with imposto gel in a cross hatch pattern.
All canvas' were then covered with impasto gel and glued onto the MDF surface with a glue gun- Simply beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts