Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Journey


A few years ago I made this bust at a sculpting workshop with some Year 11 students at the school where I teach.   While the students endeavoured to sculpt the human bust to its perfection, I opted to create a female form when pregnant.
A bit of smoothing out was still required.


Before I added the scored pattern .


After first firing.  Notice the scoring of swirl pattern on the stomach.  I started the swirls from behind the neck then continued over the somach to the thigh.  This was signifying the journey of change that a female's body goes through during pregnancy.  I haven't glazed this piece as yet- might put that on my list of 'to do's ' for this year.  I do love this and it sits in my lounge room for all to see.

1 comment:

  1. This piece really is a celebration of the female form during pregnancy, which is both beautiful and amazing. I can only imagine how it might look glazed, but really think it is fantastic as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts