I created this monoprint last year. It is a 'blind' continuous line drawing of a girl's face- found in a magazine. Once I had completed the drawing, I spread printing ink onto a peice of perspex with a roller, photocopied my drawing and attached a piece of paper to the back of the photocopy and then I placed the 2 peices of paper onto the rolled out ink. I then carefully traced over the photocopy with a ball point pen. Once traced over, I took the print up and a beautiful print is revealed on the other side of the photocopied drawing. Remove the photocopy and dry.
'We know what we are, but know not what we may be' -William Shakespear Explore what I can be through my creations......
Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have started to put my skills to making rings now in a variety of colours. I made this one for my dear friend Mrs Tiff who loves all this...
-
I have been dabbling Resin to make some jewellery of late- not really dabbling more like possessed! Anyhow, I started worrying in the mi...
-
Red , black and silver pendant and ring I love holidays!! Not only do I get to spend time with my beautiful family, but I get to spend ...
-
I have done a little bit of research into the power of text in art. So I thought- why not add some text tyo some of my pendant designs. T...
-
Well, better late than never! Here are some pics of Lanterns at Twilight a few weeks ago. The night started with Fire Twirler I hired and ...
-
My part of the collaborative piece At a workshop that I went to recently, we made a collaborative piece of Chagall's. The presenter ...
-
I recently made an order for a friend and I am so pleased with it that I had to share it. She wanted the letter 'R' and a tree- (my...
-
I thought I'd show you some photo's of the beautiful Gold Coast where I live. Would you believe we don't get to the beach very...
-
I saw this idea on a site that used lace and Mod Podge to decorate the outside of a ceramic pot. So I got thinking- what about glass! I k...
-
A few years ago I made this bust at a sculpting workshop with some Year 11 students at the school where I teach. While the students endea...
No comments:
Post a Comment