Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monoprinting

I created this monoprint last year.  It is a 'blind' continuous line drawing of a girl's face- found in a magazine.  Once I had completed the drawing, I spread printing ink onto a peice of perspex with a roller, photocopied my drawing and attached a piece of paper to  the back of the photocopy and then I placed the 2 peices of paper onto the rolled out ink.  I then carefully traced over the photocopy with a ball point pen.  Once traced over, I took the print up and a beautiful print is revealed on the other side of the photocopied drawing.  Remove the photocopy and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts