Tuesday, May 25, 2010
I created this monoprint last year. It is a 'blind' continuous line drawing of a girl's face- found in a magazine. Once I had completed the drawing, I spread printing ink onto a peice of perspex with a roller, photocopied my drawing and attached a piece of paper to the back of the photocopy and then I placed the 2 peices of paper onto the rolled out ink. I then carefully traced over the photocopy with a ball point pen. Once traced over, I took the print up and a beautiful print is revealed on the other side of the photocopied drawing. Remove the photocopy and dry.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
This gorgeous piece of work was created by my 7 year old daughter. I conduct an Art Club as a cocurricular at the school where I work and this was the piece that they made. It is a series of 6 small canvas' that have a different painting technique used on each.
1.Modelling compound with a variety of things installed in it(top right)
2. Pointalism- acrylic with cigarette filter dots (top left)
3.Scrofido(scoring) of painted acrylic surface (middle right)
4. Scrofido in modelling compund (middle left)
5. Modelling compound applied with a palette knife (bottom right)
6. Acrylic's spread using corrugated cardboard (bottom left)
The base is a piece of MDF- painted black and glossed with imposto gel in a cross hatch pattern.
All canvas' were then covered with impasto gel and glued onto the MDF surface with a glue gun- Simply beautiful!!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Very Easy Canvas
I made this canvas a few years ago and everyone who sees it comments on how much they like it. I put a base coat on the canvas (something nuetral) . Allow it to dry then used a combination of deep maroon and burnt umber acrylics to do long sweeping brush strokes with a broad brush. I then concentrated on the left side to make it much darker and then used the bottle of paint (maroon) and stood well above the canvas and let it dribble up and down the canvas.
I have done this for a class canvas before and added leather with brass beads- it added yet another demension to the painting.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
A few years ago I made this bust at a sculpting workshop with some Year 11 students at the school where I teach. While the students endeavoured to sculpt the human bust to its perfection, I opted to create a female form when pregnant.
A bit of smoothing out was still required.
Before I added the scored pattern .
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
This was an old painting that I decided to paint over. I used modelling compound to create texture and depth and then inprinted egg shell, calico, wool, gumnuts, sticks and cork to the canvas.
Next I allowed the modelling compound to dry for 24hours and then painted directly overtop of it. I then dry brushed over top with gold paint.
My part of the collaborative piece At a workshop that I went to recently, we made a collaborative piece of Chagall's. The presenter ...
I have had this canvas sitting in my study for months and now that I am on holidays, I finally have had a chance to try out a new idea that...
This was an old painting that I decided to paint over. I used modelling compound to create texture and depth and then inprinted egg shell,...
I have been dabbling Resin to make some jewellery of late- not really dabbling more like possessed! Anyhow, I started worrying in the mi...