Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hundertwasser inspired cityscape






I am a big fan of Hundertwasser. He painted and designed so 'out there' city scapes. I have used him to inspire my students to show them how to use repition in their work. Above is my city scape that is on 2 canvas' measuring about 3m x 1.5m. I used acrylics, puffy paint for some of the sky and then added glass tiles, mirrored tiles and impasto get to some buildings to give them a lovely lustre. You can see in some of the close up shots some of the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts