Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inspiration

This painting incorporates many forms of painting mediums. This canvas has been painted over 3 times, so it was 4th time lucky! The cream based colour was already on the canvas so I used a burnt umber, deep maroon and antique gold to make up my colour scheme. I used modelling compound to give the texture effect and to install the leaves in the bottom right corner, then the burnt umber, then I used impasto gel to add sand. I then added the colour, but on the burnt umber I added crackle medium-twice. I then added streams of deep maroon paint to the top by drizzling the paint straight from the bottle. I added some of the colours from the painting to the 'inspire' mdf board and wella...... 'Inspire'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts