This was the idea I had when having my 'queit night in'. I needed to fill a wall space in my bathroom near these fabulous fire-red willow branches. I decided to make mini pen drawings in some frames that my lovely neighbour had given me. I then set out to think of some designs and choose some other frames from IKEA. I then painted the pine frames with black acrylic paint and put impasto gel over top to add a lustre to them. Finally I arranged the frames on the wall. I am really please with the end result, and it was so much fun!









'We know what we are, but know not what we may be' -William Shakespear Explore what I can be through my creations......
Art is in the eye of the beholder and so too are the images that inspire. My work varies from painting, drawing , sculpting and photography. I get my inspiration from artists that I love, things that surround me, my family and my imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have started to put my skills to making rings now in a variety of colours. I made this one for my dear friend Mrs Tiff who loves all this...
-
I recently made an order for a friend and I am so pleased with it that I had to share it. She wanted the letter 'R' and a tree- (my...
-
Red , black and silver pendant and ring I love holidays!! Not only do I get to spend time with my beautiful family, but I get to spend ...
-
I have had this canvas sitting in my study for months and now that I am on holidays, I finally have had a chance to try out a new idea that...
-
A few years ago I made this bust at a sculpting workshop with some Year 11 students at the school where I teach. While the students endea...
-
I having been wanting to do this all holidays, and I finally got around to giving it a whirl!. Firstly these were a series of drawings I di...
-
This is the pen drawing I posted yesterday with modifications. I photocopied the image onto red and white paper and cut the red into these w...
-
Well, better late than never! Here are some pics of Lanterns at Twilight a few weeks ago. The night started with Fire Twirler I hired and ...
-
My part of the collaborative piece At a workshop that I went to recently, we made a collaborative piece of Chagall's. The presenter ...
-
New glamour collection I have had a wee break from blogging and I gained some inspiration from a little bit of bling with some gold, sil...
No comments:
Post a Comment